At MHS we offer an extensive range of support for our students and their families.
- Wellbeing centre
- breakfast club
- peer mediation
- peer support
- boys' and girls' Advisors
- student Year Advisors
- vaccination program
- Counsellors and District Guidance Officer
- Student Support Officer
- important links for students and parents.
The wellbeing centre
Mrs Gambrill (Rel. HT Wellbeing), School Counsellor and Student Support Officer are all located in the wellbeing centre (upstairs near the music rooms). Students are encouraged to visit during break times to seek support as required. A self-referral locked letterbox is attached to the counsellor’s door to request an appointment if the counsellor is not in the office or is seeing another student.
Year 7 activities equipment can also be collected from here at the beginning of break times.
Located at Kitchen 1 outside the year 7 quad, breakfast club operates 5 days a week from 8:30am to 8:50am. Supervised by volenteer teachers breakfast club is operated by students and includes toast with toppings, milo and juice all at no cost to students. It's not only a place to get energised for school but also to socialise with friends.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come along.
Boys' and girls' Advisors
At Maitland High School we have one male and one female teacher acting as boys and girls advisors.
- Girls Advisor - Mrs Amy Flaherty, CAPA staffroom
- Boys Advisor - Mr Matthew Lovegrove, Maths staffroom.
Student Year Advisors
- Year 7 2021 - Mr Matthew Lovegrove, Maths staffroom
- Year 7 - Mr Josh Noble, Computer staffroom
- Year 8 – Mr James Kieth, TAS staffroom
- Year 9 – Miss Mel Goward, PDHPE staffroom
- Year 10 – Mr Robert Eaton, Computer staffroom
- Year 11 – Mr Dane Hockley, Science staffroom
- Year 12 – Mr Nicholas Bower, PDHPE staffroom
Students can be vaccinated in line with the NSW Health schedule.
Visit our parent/carer information letter (PDF 44KB).
The NSW Goverment has recently made changes to the Vaccination Schedule for school students.
Students in Year 10 are now being offered vaccinations for Meningococcal disease.
For more information, visit the vaccination changes (PDF 98KB) from the department.